(mgp-users 00579) Re: side-by-side positioning

Dear Yoshifumi,

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:23:14PM +0900, Yoshifumi Nishida wrote:

> Christopher,
> Thanks and sorry for my slow reply.
>
> I have planned to develop simlar functin like this, so it seems to me that
> the xoffset is quite desirable. I would like to check your
> code and try to integrate in future release.

it seems that this was a function seeked for by a lot of people. I'm not
quite sure if the actual implementation fits neatly in the code. Maybe you
have some annotations on this.

What I'm thinking of right now is to go one step further and to define some
'columns' which act as an improved 'mark' and keep a 'column width' and
the text alignment in addition. You can switch between the defined columns
and the linewidth and alignements are restored an new text is added at the
postion where you left the column.

Please let me know what you think about something like this.

Regards,
Chris

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christopher Drexler, Lehrst.f. Mustererkennung _    __  __ ___
Institut f. Informatik, Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg  | |  |  \/  | __|