(mgp-users 00583) Re: side-by-side positioning

From: Christopher Drexler <drexler@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
Subject: (mgp-users 00579) Re: side-by-side positioning
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 15:22:53 +0900

>> What I'm thinking of right now is to go one step further and to define some
>> 'columns' which act as an improved 'mark' and keep a 'column width' and
>> the text alignment in addition. You can switch between the defined columns
>> and the linewidth and alignements are restored an new text is added at the
>> postion where you left the column.
>>
>> Please let me know what you think about something like this.

Hmm.. I hesitate to tell about functions that I haven't tried to
implment yet...

I believe that main advantage of current syntax is that it preserves
WYSWYG style to some extent. So I prefer like this,

-----------

%xoffset 10 5 20 5 30
AAA<TAB>BBB<TAB>CCC
AAA<TAB>BBB<TAB>CCC

%noxoffset
DDD<TAB><TAB>EEE

------------

this syntax will be displayed like this:

   10%   5%       20% width     5%           30% width
        AAA                    BBB                              CCC

DDD  EEE

--
Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp>
Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc.