[mgp-users 01369] Re: Some tips for improved graphical appearance ?

Hello,

From: Marc Baaden <baaden@smplinux.de>
Subject: [mgp-users 01366] Re: Some tips for improved graphical appearance ?
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:09:20 +0100

 > > I don't know whether this is what you want. But, you can do
 > > alpha-blending for texts with the following example. (You will need
 > > to use mgp with xft support) [..]
 >
 > No, that was not exactly what I was looking for. It was more a kind of
 > effect, where text is smoothly blended in via alpha-blending. But as I
 > said, this is rather a nice toy feature than anything essential.

Yep, I agree with you. I just thought there might be some possiblities
that someone can utilize this feature and build something really nice. :)

 > I have noticed some inconsistencies for building the latest mgp
 > versions, in particular on Mac OSX. In the images subdirectory,
 > /sw/include should be added to the include directories searched by
 > configure. This also causes problems for getting other libraries
 > detected and working (eg mng support), because the /sw/lib and
 > /sw/include directories are not included in the configure script.

Hmm, OK. I will check this issue.

 > Also, on MacOSX the bmp format does seem to be buggy. The error
 > message I get is like:
 >
 > IMLIB ERROR: Image width > 32767 pixels for file
 > IMLIB ERROR: Cannot load image: background.bmp
 > All fallbacks failed.

This seems to be a bug of imlib, not mgp. Can you check whether other
tools that use imlib have the same issue or not?

--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp