[mgp-users 01358] Some tips for improved graphical appearance ?

Hi,

using MagicPoint is a great pleasure, and its output is already of
a very high quality. But as usual sometimes you see this fancy
presentation of that other person and think .. cool ! I'd like to do
that, too.

There are currently two things of that kind I'd like to be able to do.
Those are:

- have a shadow effect for images included into MagicPoint.
  I think maybe that is do-able via putting an eps "frame" around
  eg jpg or png images. Has anybody got some suggestions for a
  command sequence to produce such an image from a raw/plain image ?

- have shadowed fonts. This would probably be more tricky, but maybe
  also a bit desirable, as it can help have a better contrast for the
  whole slide. Any suggestions how such an effect could be achieved ?

Then there is some really fancy thing, but I guess that is not really
very important. Those who have given the "pointless" software a try
will know what I mean: alpha-blending for text and/or image transitions.

Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de