[mgp-users 01359] Re: Some tips for improved graphical appearance ?

Hi,

From: Marc Baaden <baaden@smplinux.de>
Subject: [mgp-users 01358] Some tips for improved graphical appearance ?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:00:35 +0100

 > - have shadowed fonts. This would probably be more tricky, but maybe
 >   also a bit desirable, as it can help have a better contrast for the
 >   whole slide. Any suggestions how such an effect could be achieved ?

You can have virtual shadowed fonts with the following example,
although this is very tricky. :)

%page
%fore "blue", back "white"
%area 100 100 100 20
%size 0.1

%size 1

%cont
%size 10,center, fore "black"
Shadowed Font
%area 100 100 100 20
%size 10,center, fore "blue"
Shadowed Font

 > Then there is some really fancy thing, but I guess that is not really
 > very important. Those who have given the "pointless" software a try
 > will know what I mean: alpha-blending for text and/or image transitions.

I don't know whether this is what you want. But, you can do alpha-blending
for texts with the following example.
(You will need to use mgp with xft support)

%page
%fore "blue", back "white"
%area 100 100 100 20
%size 10,center, fore "red", opaque 50