[mgp-users 01164] Re: Sam's Improvements; my MGP macro processor

Sam,

>> On 27 May 2003 21:15:16, Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> said:

   > The main feature of XML is that its syntax is unambiguous.

It's interesting how the type system trade-off between expressiveness
and verification seems to follow through to file formats. :)  I think
that I would rather lose the complete unambiguity in exchange for the
ease of being able to hit tab instead of typing '<point level="n">'
into my presentation many times.

   > At any rate, all we can do is wait for Yoshifumi Nishida to
   > weigh on this issue.

Indeed.  In the meantime, you (and perhaps even Yoshifumi) might be
unaware of AxPoint[1], which is a portable presentation application
and file format based around XML.  There has been talk of writing
filters to convert between AxPoint and mgp formats, but I'm not
aware if any code has been produced so far.

- Chris.

Footnotes:
  [1]:  <http://axpoint.axkit.org/>
--