[mgp-users 00760] newbie, mailing archives, standard fonts

Greetings,

just discoverd MagicPoint, and I am delighted. Two questions:

(a) is there a mailing list archive ? I couldn't find any so far.

(b) The standard font that comes in ttf.tar.gz has rather big letter
spacing. I would prefer to have a font like helvetica (arial), or ideally
the font that LaTeX uses in slide-mode. I tried to get the latex-fonts as
ttf-files as described in the README.fonts, but they never seem to be
available in the right size (but I thught true-type fonts would scale like
standard.tty does?).

Could anyone point out a (ttf-) font, that can be used as a standard and
looks more as described above?

I hope my questions are not completely absurd (which is possible, as I
haven't got much experience with fonts).

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Fangohr, fangohr@soton.ac.uk

High Performance Computing Group,