[mgp-users 00685] Embedded X in MagicPoint

Greetings! I've been using mgp for a couple of years but now need to include an
X app using %xsystem ... the problem that I have is that the X app shows up
only briefly and then disappears (e.g., xclock in the sample.mgp distributed
with MagicPoint).

If I'm using mgp with the "-o" (in a window) option, then the X app shows up in
the correct spot as soon as I resize the window. If I'm running with out "-o"
then there I can't get the X app to appear. "%system" works better but has the
opposite problem-- resizing the window hides the daughter window, and the
daughter window has the window manager decorations.

I'm sure this is a FAQ but I can't find a FAQ document. Any pointers or
suggestions?

--
Chris Tyler
Consultant, Global Proximity Corporation    <Chris@Global.Proximity.on.ca>