(mgp-users 00592) Re: Transparency

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 12:40:02AM +0900, Dalmiro Jorge Filipe Maia wrote:
> On 30 May 2001 15:11:53 +0900, Christopher Drexler wrote:
>
> > I encountered the same problems, especially with bw/grayscale png's (c.f.
> > mgp-users request 560). I'm now using 'imlib' support but some problems
> > remain. Maybe a bug in the libpng ?
>
> Well, with --enable-imlib transparency effects work well in png with all
> kinds of background but on the other hand you lose transparency effects
> in eps files. Since I use a lot more eps files (via modified eqn2eps and
> tex2eps shellscripts) I'd rather stick to transparent pngs with solid
> backgrounds only than having to convert every eps into png.

I didn't loose the transparence effects for b/w eps files. I
patched mgp a little bit, so that  the pgm reader is still the one from mgp
and imlib is used for all the rest. So the transparency for the eps to pgm
converted images is retained. Moreover another patch allows for all pgm
images to be displayed with transparent background and "%fore" as foreground
color.

Regards
Chris
--
Dipl.-Inf. Christopher Drexler, Lehrst.f. Mustererkennung _    __  __ ___
Institut f. Informatik, Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg  | |  |  \/  | __|