(mgp-users 00589) Transparency

I have used transparency in mgp with solid
backgrounds. It works ok, but when I try to
use transparent png images with a background
set by %bgrad or %bimage it doesn't work.
Now if I use a black and white eps file
transparency works just fine (white is transparent,
black turns into foreground color), so the possibility
to use the alpha channel with %bgrad and %bimage
is there.

I would like to know if png transparency in mgp is still
not fully implemented, am I using the wrong library, or is it
just a problem of something I forgot during compilation?

(I just did a ./configure --enable-locale to the official
1.08 release)

Best regards
Dalmiro