(mgp-users 00591) Re: Transparency

On 30 May 2001 15:11:53 +0900, Christopher Drexler wrote:

> I encountered the same problems, especially with bw/grayscale png's (c.f.
> mgp-users request 560). I'm now using 'imlib' support but some problems
> remain. Maybe a bug in the libpng ?

Well, with --enable-imlib transparency effects work well in png with all
kinds of background but on the other hand you lose transparency effects
in eps files. Since I use a lot more eps files (via modified eqn2eps and
tex2eps shellscripts) I'd rather stick to transparent pngs with solid
backgrounds only than having to convert every eps into png.

I don't remember having this problem with old versions of mgp so maybe
this is a bug in this release of mgp (or maybe I never used transparency
with %bgrad and %bimage before).

Dalmiro