(mgp-users 00590) Re: Transparency

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:59:28AM +0900, Dalmiro Jorge Filipe Maia wrote:
> I have used transparency in mgp with solid
> backgrounds. It works ok, but when I try to
> use transparent png images with a background
> set by %bgrad or %bimage it doesn't work.
> Now if I use a black and white eps file
> transparency works just fine (white is transparent,
> black turns into foreground color), so the possibility
> to use the alpha channel with %bgrad and %bimage
> is there.

I encountered the same problems, especially with bw/grayscale png's (c.f.
mgp-users request 560). I'm now using 'imlib' support but some problems
remain. Maybe a bug in the libpng ?

Regards,
Chris

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christopher Drexler, Lehrst.f. Mustererkennung _    __  __ ___
Institut f. Informatik, Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg  | |  |  \/  | __|