(mgp-users 00435) Re: transparent gifs

Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@innocent.com> writes:

> On 14 Nov 2000, Karsten Petersen <karsten.petersen@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
> > some time ago I made a patch to let mgp load images using imlib, that
> > patch is capable of using transparency in pictures too.
> >
> > you can find it here:
> > 	http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~kapet/mgp/
>
>  Are there any reasons why this is not going into the official
> distribution?

according to the TODO.jp and gif.c, mgp should handle transparency in gifs
... and I know that it did !
I have upgraded the system from suse6.4 to suse7.0 since then - could it be
that this has something to do with the external libaries ?
(Aaarrrrrghhhhh I need to bring back my presentation until tomorrow .....)

c ya
-thomas

--
Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  CBS, Department of Biotechnology
thomas@biopython.org        The Technical University of Denmark

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...