(mgp-users 00093) Re: newbee Question

On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 03:14:36AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	  mgp2ps should emit proper mapping table for this.

This is just one or two more lines of postsript preamble to download to the
file.

> 	- mgp2ps has no way to understand which file encoding you are using.
> 	  If mgp2ps sees 0xa1, it can be European character (iso-8859-1) or
> 	  part of Japanese character, or even Russian.

Just add a command line switch for this. And set one of either as a default
(perhaps via environement variable or in some config file).

> 	It is not really trivial one and I'm now wondering how we can nail
> 	this down.  Thanks for reporting.

At least for iso8859-1 this can't be too hard to code. I am no ps-guru
though.

--
Xlink Internet Consulting GmbH    /          Dipl. Inform. Heiko W.Rupp
                                \/           phone: +49 721 6635 0