(mgp-users 00072) Re: remarks against 1.04a

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 11:55:11AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh wrote:
> >- hypenation of 8bits (isolatin for me) words is not handled correctly:
> >  a word can be cut before a non-ascii character inside a word.
> >- the output of mgp2ps with non-ascii letters is bad (I don't know if it's a
> >  bug in mgp2ps or elsewhere).
>
> 	I've added --enable-locale to "configure" script.  Does tis help much?
> 	It is similar to adding setlocale(LC_ALL, "") at the very beginning
> 	of main() function.
> 	(this is not enabled by default because many of locale libraries
> 	conflict with Japanese text processing inside mgp)

It seems to fix the hyphenation problem :).
But not the mgp2ps one :(.

I added 'setlocale(LC_ALL, "");' at the beginning of main() in mgp.c and
print.c, was it exactly what you suggested ?
Maybe there's a Postscript related problem too (I don't know anything about
this) ?

BTW, is 1.04a the latest release, or is there something newer available (and
where) ?

--
Sylvain