(mgp-users 00071) Re: remarks against 1.04a

On Mon, Nov 30, 1998 at 10:22:30AM +0900, Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh wrote:
> >Maybe having a "builtin-filter" for TeX would be nice, something like:
>
> 	Does the script works?  I believe recursive filtering is not supported.

It worked...  But only once, since when I tried 2 such %filter sections, the
file was overwritten...

> 	How about Someting like this?  We have no good way to cleanup
> 	/tmp/tmp.eps right now.
>
> %filter "mgtex_filter /tmp/tmp.eps"
> foobaabaz		generate output into /tmp/tmp.eps
> %endfilter
> %image "/tmp/tmp.eps"

This approach gives better results, thanks !

I now use succesfully:

%filter "mgp_tex_script b"
My \TeX\ is nicer with $Magic$ Point
%endfilter
%image "b.eps" 250x200

With the script mgp_tex_script:

-----------
#!/usr/local/bin/zsh

tmp=$1

echo '\\nopagenumbers' > $tmp.tex
cat >> $tmp.tex
echo '\\end' >> $tmp.tex
tex $tmp.tex > /dev/null 2> /dev/null
dvips -q -E $tmp.dvi -o $tmp.eps
\rm $tmp.tex $tmp.log $tmp.dvi

Maybe you could add something like that in the contrib/ directory ?

I agree it still lacks some clean up, but it works.

Maybe introduce something like the following:

%filter "action"
TEXT
%endfilter "post-action"

with post-action="rm file.eps" ?