[mgp-users 01400] mplayer + magicpoint

Hello everyone,

 I'm still playing with Magic Point. I really like it. To the point and
fairly snappy!

 I'm calling magic point from xinit, and causing it to go full screen. It
took me a while to figure out I had to specify -U on the command line to
use the %system call. I'd suggest adding this note to the sample.mpg as
well as SYNTAX.

 Once that was done, I've started experimenting with calling mplayer from
magicpoint. Using the xvidix driver with magicpoint, the video plays very
well. The issue I'm hitting is that when calling it from the %system call,
mplayer is executing but the video must be behind the magicpoint display.

 If I call mplayer from a ssh session on the same box with magic point in
the middle of a presentation then mplayer displays OVER the magicpoint
window, as desired. Any idea what is going on? I saw some talk on a google
search about window IDs... I'm not running a window manager at all.

 TIA!

--
                               // Ethan O'Toole
                               // http://users.757.org/~ethan