[mgp-users 01190] Re: MGP Preprocessor Details; release soon!

Hi,

From: Mark Allman <mallman@grc.nasa.gov>
Subject: [mgp-users 01180] Re: MGP Preprocessor Details; release soon!
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 10:12:19 -0400

 > I use mgp for technical presentations.  I like it quite a lot.  I
 > used to use latex and like mgp quite a lot better.  But, it really
 > has three things that are less than optimal in my opinion...
 >
 > (1) equation support is poor (as someone else noted, at least super
 >     and subscripts would be really nice)

Hmm, is there any good free implementation of equation-rendering libraries?
If so, I'm happy to use them for mgp.

 > (2) no good way to make nice tables

Right. the only way I can come up with is using %area, like:

%size 8
1
2
3
%area 10 10 10 0
4
5
6
%area 10 10 20 0
7
8
9

 > (3) the input format is way verbose

I agree with you. :P

 > This is all just a perl script (yes, I know... ugh).  You're welcome
 > to the code, but it is pretty rough and the documentation is pretty
 > minimal (although it comes with an example file that includes an
 > example of nearly all the capabilities, I think).  Send
 > comments/fixes.  Slurp from:
 >
 >     http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~mallman/software/mmaker/

Great.
Can I link this page from the mgp's web page?
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp