[mgp-users 01170] Re: mgp2ps wants to open display

Hi,

From: Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org>
Subject: [mgp-users 01168] Re: mgp2ps -w
Date: 28 May 2003 09:31:57 -0400

 > > Sorry. I don't get it. What is -w option?
 >
 > -w specifies working directory for mgp (defaults to MGPWDIR).
 > since all the mpg* commands process the %filter instructions, they
 > populate the current directory with gobs of just.
 > this should not be the case.
 >
 > BTW, I should be able to specify this working directory from the *.mgp
 > file, e.g., with %wdir "/usr/tmp/" in preamble.

I see your points. Please wait for future releases.

From: Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org>
Subject: [mgp-users 01169] mgp2ps wants to open display
Date: 29 May 2003 08:37:51 -0400

 > in cron:
 >
 > /usr/X11R6/bin/mgp2ps -p letter -f dm.ps dm.mgp
 > Can't open display
 >
 > why does mgp2ps need a display?!

My laziness. :P
When I worked on developing mgp2ps, I didn't want to develop it from scratch.
So, I used the image display function of mgp for mgp2ps. I mean, mgp2ps creates
pixmaps from many kinds of image formats in the first place, then transforms
it for postscripts.
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp