[mgp-users 01168] Re: mgp2ps -w

> * In message <>
> * On the subject of "[mgp-users 01166] Re: mgp2ps -w"
> * Sent on Tue, 27 May 2003 22:36:45 -0700 (PDT)
> * Honorable Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp> writes:
>
> From: Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org>
> Subject: [mgp-users 01154] mgp2ps -w
> Date: 26 May 2003 21:30:50 -0400
>
>  > why doesn't mgp2ps accept the -w option?
>  > when I run it, it puts all the junk into the current directory!
>
> Sorry. I don't get it. What is -w option?

-w specifies working directory for mgp (defaults to MGPWDIR).
since all the mpg* commands process the %filter instructions, they
populate the current directory with gobs of just.
this should not be the case.

BTW, I should be able to specify this working directory from the *.mgp
file, e.g., with %wdir "/usr/tmp/" in preamble.

>  > the appropriate zoom value appear to depend on the screen resolution.
>  > this is horrible.
>  > is there a way to set the default resolution in the preamble?
>  >    e.g.
>  >    %defzoom 100
>  >    %newimage -zoom *2
>
> %image "imagefile" screensize

or %newimage "imagefile" -scrzoom

I suggest removing non-screen-based zooming, or at least deprecating
them and issuing a warning that using them kills interoperability.

> might give you a solution. Please see the SYNTAX file.

SYNTAX says "supersede %image by %newimage", i.e.,
%image appears to be deprecated.

Thanks for your help.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux