[mgp-users 01085] Re: linux-logo.gif display problem

From: Patrick Berge <pberge@stny.rr.com>
Subject: [mgp-users 01084] Re: linux-logo.gif display problem
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:59:04 -0400

>> > Did you try using a PNG instead of a gif?
>>
>> The example comes with a that gif so it just assumed I it should be
>> transparent since the Gallery shows it as transparent.

The gif display function bundled in mgp is a bit sloppy.
The tranparency support of it is very weak and ad-hoc.
If you want to use transparent gif, I would like to recommend you to rebuild
mgp with Imlib. To do that, you need to add --enable-ImLib option, when
you run the configure script.
I also would like to mention that gif has some patent issues.

Thanks,
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp