[mgp-users 00956] Re: fore no longer works with EPS-images

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp wrote:

> From: Christoph Dalitz <christoph.dalitz@hs-niederrhein.de>
> Subject: [mgp-users 00954] Re: fore no longer works with EPS-images
> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:38:18 +0200

> >> I have tried various gs devices and even downgraded gs to an old version
> >> with no improvement.
>
> Hmm. strange to me. Are you using the same image as you used before?
> If the image contains multiple colors, mgp doesn't change the foreground color
> of the image.
> This function works fine on my enviroment. (both current and old version)

It is the same image which I had originally generated with latex+dvips.
The image is single color.

As the color is not added by ghostscript (neither on the new, nor on the
old systems), it cannot be the fault of gs.
There might be a difference in the XLib function that displays the
PGM "rawbit" image: my old systems use XFree 3.x and the new system XFree 4.x.

Meanwhile I have testet the workaround
%newimage -zoom 350 -colors -1 "eqn.eps"
and found that it works both in the old and new environment.
I can live with this solution.

OTOH there have been a number of problems reported on this list with the
display of EPS images on brand new Linux systems. Thus a closer investigation
might be of interest.

Thanks,

Christoph Dalitz