[mgp-users 00920] fore no longer works with EPS-images

Hello,

while using mgp on a newer Linux system (Debian woody), I have observed that the
following code no longer works:

%fore "red"
%newimage -zoom 150 "abb.eps"

On older Linux systems (Debian potato, DLD Linux (4 years old)), the same code
works. The mgp version is the same on all three systems!

It seems that some external program/library that mgp uses for displaying
EPS images behaves differently in a new version.

Questions:

 a) Does someone know how mgp displays EPS-images?
    Which external programs/libraries are used?
    Where do I have to look in the source code?
    Where is the foreground color of the image set in the mgp code?

 b) As workaround, I could manipulate the colors in the EPS file with a %system
    call. Does someone know of a programm that changes colors in EPS files?

Christoph Dalitz