[mgp-users 00954] Re: fore no longer works with EPS-images

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 01:20:40 -0700 (PDT)
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp wrote:

> >> It seems that some external program/library that mgp uses for displaying
> >> EPS images behaves differently in a new version.
> >> Questions:
> >>
> >>  a) Does someone know how mgp displays EPS-images?
> >>     Which external programs/libraries are used?
> >>     Where do I have to look in the source code?
> >>     Where is the foreground color of the image set in the mgp code?
>
> Mgp converts eps image to pnm with gs. (You can change this with -X option)
> The forground color is set in image_setcolor() in draw.c.

I have tried various gs devices and even downgraded gs to an old version
with no improvement.

However, if I set the %newimage option "-colors" to some insane value (-1 or
500000), the foreground color is indeed used for the image (though the
background color is slightly modified).

I still have to check, whether "%newimage -colors -1" also works on the
system that did not show the original problem. If yes, that would be a workaround
for the moment.

Christoph Dalitz