[mgp-users 00935] Re: Problems embedding apps in presentations

I don't have experience with those applications, but the RTC error sounds like the permissions on /dev/rtc don't permit access to the user ID you are using.

According to the mplayer homepage, it can interface with X11 through 4 or 5 different mechanisms, perhaps you should try different ones with command line options. Some require root priviledge, some require various server extensions to be loaded as part of your X server configuration, but one of them will probably work!

(The simplest place to start would be trying to run xmgp as root if you haven't already and see what happens).

(Between using options (1) and (2) below, you should use (1) where possible because it will permit the clients (mgp and embedded apps) to use fast local transports rather than TCP/IP -- the problem with TCP/IP is that the communication between the program traverses the entire TCP/IP stack twice (once down, once up) for each packet).

--
Chris Tyler