[mgp-users 00882] Problems with Symbol-Font

Hello,

while trying to display a single greek character in a text line,
I have tried to use the Symbol-Font. I have a TTF-version of
this standard Postscript font, but whenever I try to display
a character from this font, mgp produces the following error:

Sorry, but the fontfile "/usr/local/share/fonts/truetype/symbol.ttf"
doesn't contain any Unicode mapping table

Any ideas?

Another related question:
Is it possible to enter a character via its Hex or Octal encoding,
eg. \xCE ? As a workaround I am currently using

%filter "echo -e '\xCE'"
%endfilter

but this is very ugly.

Christoph Dalitz