[mgp-users 00879] freetype 2 and installation of mgp 1.09

Fed up with Powerpoint's big files and non-portability, I'm trying to install magicpoint on linux Redhat 7
I first installed freetype-2.1.0, and no libttf.a was created, but libfreetype.a (instead I suppose. BTW, it
is at 2 different locations !?!).
./configure in the magicpoint directory tells me it doesn't find the file libfreetype.a, (of course after
replacement of all occurrences of libttf.a into libfreetype.a in the configure file).

What can the reason for this problem be ? (path problem, problem with the fact that two different
.a files coexist, use of freetype2, or anything else ?)
I'm not used to installing anything but RPMs, so answers
should be for dummies !

All the best
Claire Calmet

Claire Calmet
National Museum of Natural History
PS: are there other biologists there in the list ?