[mgp-users 00796] Re: line breaks in magicpoint

On Fre, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:13:59 -0800, nishida@csl.sony.co.jp wrote:
> From: Rob Lake <lake@cs.ualberta.ca>
> Subject: [mgp-users 00790] line breaks in magicpoint
> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:23:54 -0700
>
> > I noticed with version 1.09a that words would occasionally be split in two at
> > the end of a line.  I looked into the source and applied the following fix to
> > draw.c.  Does anyone know why the increment was done twice to linewidth in the
> > first place, and why there is a comment preceding the second increment?
>
> The comment shows the person's name who gave me a patch.
> This fix is related to japanese text processing. It's a bit complicated.
> Anyway, I think it's a bug. If you send your sample mgp file that shows
> unexpected line splitting, it would be very useful for me.

I applied the patch provided by Rob Lake and it works flawlessly (at
least for me). I had similar problems (e.g. the word webserver was
broken apart) that are gone now.

Get patches submitted to this list committed to CVS?

Regards,
Karsten
--
Why do we have to hide from the police, daddy?
Because we use emacs, son. They use vi.