[mgp-users 00785] using mgp for an automated slide show

I am using mgp to produce automatic slide shows to display on plasma panels
24/7.  This is being done with mgp's demo mode and infinite looping.

I have noticed mgp has several memory leaks.  Each iteration uses slightly
more memory than the previous iteration.  Also, the memory required to display
mng images (which can be substantial depending upon the image) never appears
to be released.  I imagine the same is true with other images.  It doesn't
take long for a looping slide show with an mng image to come to an abrupt
halt.

Has anyone encountered memory leakage issues with mgp?  Has anyone tried to
use mgp to generate automatic slide shows?  I noticed there was an article
posted last April regarding slide shows, but there were no follow-up threads.

--
Rob Lake
Lead Research Systems Analyst		lake@cs.ualberta.ca