[mgp-users 00782] Re: Problem with MagicPoint1.09 and mng-animations

I figured out what the problem was:

the mng-animation must not have more than 255 colors, must not be grayscale,
must not contain a colormap, and one must not specify a quality level in
convert. Hence, for gray value mpegs
convert -delay .. -colors 255 -colorspace GRAY movie.mpeg movie.mng
works
but either having -colors 256 or no colors option does not work.
The -type parameter should be avoided as well as -quality ..

I assume that there are problems with drawing the frames of the animation
during playback for some specifications. E.g. -colors 256 gives a flashing
still image showing the first frame and -type Grayscale gives white boxes.
The effect of the quality parameter is not totally clear for me but it works
fine if it is omitted.

For color mpeg omit the colorspace option.

I can send example mpeg and mng to anyone who is interested, but they are
fairly large (2MB).

Michael