[mgp-users 00691] Re: Chinese support

Hello Pengcheng,

Zou Pengcheng wrote:

> Hi, Alex,
>
> Thanks a lot for the response.

You welcome ;)

> > > could someone please show me how to make it faster? Japanese, English
> > > slides have no such problem. is it because of the fonts i am using? if
> > > so, how to solve it?
> >
> > The solution would be to to load all
> > the fonts at the loading of the
> > document (a delay at the beginning the of the presentation
> > seems less annoying to me than a delay in the middle of the
> > presentation?)
> > This would require a patch of magicpoint.
> >

> could you please show me where i can get the patch?
>
> also, i want to put words around images, that is, make 2-column-like stuff. words are on the left side,
> and images are on the right side. How to do that?
>
> thanks again,
>
>   -- Zou Pengcheng

I was meaning: somebody needs to patch the code... sorry for my
unprecise
English.
Perhaps some developper could do it.
I'm not a magicpoint developper. I tried to write a patch to a problem I
had
once, but I found the code rather difficult to read.
I preferred to restart from scratch... I will soon release an alpha
version
of this code and announce it on this mailing list. The big difference
will be
in coding the documents (use of XML) and in the support of
Internationnal
fonts (Chinese, Japanese ...): use of X11R6 multibytes font direct
support. So stay tuned...

Best Regards
Alex Madon

--
Arthur Andersen / Capital Management Advisors
Via Piave 8 00187 Roma, Italy