[mgp-users 00657] Re: xsystem mpeg_play

Rouben Rostamian wrote:

Hello and thanks for your advise!  :)

> %system "xanim -Zr +Zp1 +q -geometry %+23+33 filename.mpg"

%xsystem ... ?

> The meanings of the optional flags are:
>
>      -Zr    (don't show control buttons)
>      +Zp1   (pause at frame 1, hit the spacebar to start/stop animation)
>      +q     (don't show informative messages)

I tried with this options but keyboard strokes are catched by mgp...
However without +Zp1, the animation is shown, but only some
frame are visualized (4 or 5 of 20)
I noticed that this behaviour is performed by xanim even
outside mgp...

*Why?*

mpeg_play, instead, shows all the 20 frames (outside mgp):
this was the reason why I wanted to use mpeg_play...

> You can use the "," and "." keys (same as "<" and ">" keys) to step
> through the animation one frame at the time.  See xanim's man page
> for more details.

I don't know why, but, as I said, keystrokes are ineffective
in mgp environment (they are interpreted as mgp commands and
don't seem to reach xanim).

--
 Francesco Poli