(mgp-users 00533) Re: transparent image

HUmm, you are right, transparency does not work with the last snapshots.
The rpm you can find at http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/index.html
(just make a search for mgp) had some support for transparency (id didn't
work in background images) but the last snapshot I have installed just keeps
giving me core dumps. I seem to remember having used transparent png with other
recent snapshots, so this must be a bug. Probably it will be corrected in the
next version to be released really soon.

Guenter Gebhard wrote
>Did you ever try a ima.png with transparend background?
>mgp crashes here because of memory error.

> Is transparency not supported by libpng.so.2.1.0?
The problem seems to be with mgp.

You may try the rpm, the version in my other machine was installed from it
and it does support some form of transparency. the good rpm is
mgp-1.07a-8.i386.rpm

Best regards
Dalmiro