(mgp-users 00532) Re: transparent image

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Dalmiro Maia wrote:
> I compiled my version from the last available snapshot (I wanted mng support)
> but I remember that the rpm at rpmfind.net worked well with mgp. My system
> is RedHat 7.0
Ok. I did compile the snapshot from Apr 2 without mng support.

Did you ever try a ima.png with transparend background?
mgp crashes here because of memory error.

ima.png was created with xfig -> ima.gif -> gimp -> ima.png

Is transparency not supported by libpng.so.2.1.0?
And also not by libungif.so.4.1.0 for gifs?

I only want to use an one year old presentation with some transparent
drawings.

thanks for any hints,

	Guenter