(mgp-users 00534) Re: transparent image

From: Dalmiro Maia <dalmiro@oal.ul.pt>
Subject: (mgp-users 00533) Re: transparent image
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 07:44:09 +0900

>> HUmm, you are right, transparency does not work with the last snapshots.
>> The rpm you can find at http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/index.html
>> (just make a search for mgp) had some support for transparency (id didn't
>> work in background images) but the last snapshot I have installed just keeps
>> giving me core dumps. I seem to remember having used transparent png with other
>> recent snapshots, so this must be a bug. Probably it will be corrected in the
>> next version to be released really soon.

Can the following patch solve your problem??
--
Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp>
Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc.

*** png.c.orig	Mon Apr  9 17:28:12 2001
--- png.c	Mon Apr  9 17:32:29 2001
***************
*** 152,158 ****
  	row_pointers = (png_bytep *)malloc(sizeof(png_bytep) * height);
  	for (row = 0; row < height; row++) {
  			row_pointers[row] =
! 				(png_bytep)malloc(width * 3);
  	}
  	png_read_image(png_ptr, row_pointers);

--- 152,158 ----
  	row_pointers = (png_bytep *)malloc(sizeof(png_bytep) * height);
  	for (row = 0; row < height; row++) {
  			row_pointers[row] =
! 				(png_bytep)malloc(png_get_rowbytes(png_ptr, info_ptr));
  	}
  	png_read_image(png_ptr, row_pointers);