(mgp-users 00234) Re: Wish List

> >How much do you think it will grow ? A compressed TTF fonts (from win95)
> >typically is 50-100K. I don't think one uses more than 4..5 fonts
> >in a set of slides, and having a 200KB overhead in the postscript
> >would be (to me) perfectly acceptable if this is the price to
> >pay for good match between video and printed things. The native
> >format for the presentations should be mgp files anyways.
>
> 	I guess you will have EXPANDED font image into PostScript file.

I have no idea but believe this will be as in latex -- you have
some font definition at the beginning of the document and then
macros to recall the chars. So you might be have one copy of each font
EXPANDED in the postscript file, but this is is irrelevant since
you can gzip the file, and "gv" and most serious viewers do parse
gzipped files on the flight.

	cheers
	luigi

  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)

		  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ngc99/
====  First International Workshop on Networked Group Communication  ====