(mgp-users 00088) best tool for producing charts for mgp + mgpnet + problems

Hi everybody,

what is the best tool for producing charts or other graphics to
be included in some mgp slides ?
I used to play with xfig long time ago but it's rather not
fast and robust.
I tried tgif some years ago - there is a new version available :
 tgif-4.0.2.tar.gz - and I'm going to give it a look again.
There is also a tool called idraw from ivtools.
What is the best according to you ?
BTW which tool was used for graphics in the slides on
http://playground.iijlab.net/paper/kazu-inet98-presen/ ?

Another topic : mgpnet
It does not work on my RH 5.2 because of the changes in sockets in
perl (perl-5.004).
I got the message : "could not guess system parameter. edit by hand"
I tried to add some use Socket; but It didn't help.
I'm going to dig more but if someone has already done it ...

Problem 2 : I don't see eps objects included in v6.mgp.
Therefore in my slides I only include some gif.
Any hint ?

Thanks,

Stephane.