(mgp-users 00022) Re: A little bit of advice needed...

> 1) being able to process input from both the keyboard _and_
>    another file descriptor.
>    This mechanism (assuming it is not already in place) can be useful
>    to make a presentation controlled by external processes. E.g. i
>    could record the audio related to a presentation, annotate the
>    audio track, and let the audio player send commands to mgp.

	If you can transmit keyboard command (say, space for next page)
	to a file descriptor, it should be quite easy.
	Add some code into draw_one() to check additional file descriptor.

> 2) optionally, being able to access pre-rendered objects rather
>    than source. This mechanism could be even useful to support
>    background rendering of slides. (I know there are limitations
>    with animations, live windows, etc.)

	I don't see what you exactly mean.  How do you plan to specify
	alternate source for image? (command line option, or the alternate
	file descriptor described in (1)?)

itojun