(mgp-users 00023) Re: A little bit of advice needed...

> 	If you can transmit keyboard command (say, space for next page)
> 	to a file descriptor, it should be quite easy.
> 	Add some code into draw_one() to check additional file descriptor.

great. thanks.

> > 2) optionally, being able to access pre-rendered objects rather
> >    than source. This mechanism could be even useful to support
> >    background rendering of slides. (I know there are limitations
> >    with animations, live windows, etc.)
>
> 	I don't see what you exactly mean.  How do you plan to specify
> 	alternate source for image? (command line option, or the alternate
> 	file descriptor described in (1)?)

not only images, also backgrounds and rendered text.

the idea was to add to the internal description of objects a
field recording if the object had been already rendered in some way,
and if the rendered version (pixmap i guess) is available ("cached")
in core or on the file system.  Mostly the same thing that i did
for postscript sources.  Having things in core or on the file system
might not make a lot of difference BTW.

This would let mgp skip the rendering phase, which might be slow at
times, and also would allow the "master" mgp avoid to send out things
in source format, which might be undesirable for a number of reasons,
and would also let mgp run without too much external baggage (e.g. gs
for rendering postscript, etc).

	cheers
	luigi