(mgp-users 00010) Re: Time-based advance of mgp pages?

On 10-Jul-98 Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh wrote:
>       mmm, that is slightly different from what I imagined.
>       Is it okay for you to modify presentation foils, for demonstration?
>       I believed it is not...
>
>       Anyway "%pause 5" looks useful, so I may adding this one.

I don't understand what you mean about modifying presentation foils, perhaps
because I haven't examined that part of the program closely.  The html output
would have to be unchanged, true.

I looked further at the code.  Perhaps instead of modifying "%page", it might
be better to add a new command, "%duration", which sets the duration of the
pause at the end of the page.  This would be stored internally like "%xfont",
etc, and could also be specified in the defaults section.  A duration of 0
could again mean to wait until a key is pressed, and would be the default.

Thank you for your interest in these proposed modifications -- and of course
for your code!

Sincerely,

Walter