[mgp-users 01431] Re: Debian package problem-- fonts

When using the .deb packages from the debian download sites, I had this
problem that the fonts I specified were not being shown correctly. I
had Xft2 libraries and every package I could find that might relate,
including freetype packages.

The font that I got was, I presume, the default X font-- it sort of
looked like a "Times" font- was very jagged in appearance. Also, when I
ran mgp -V, there was no mention of the font being used.

In the end, I uninstalled the .deb package and downloaded the tar.gz
package from your site. Followed the instructions and everything is
fine.

This has occurred on two separate machines running the debian "testing"
packages.

I don't know how many other people have used the debian package, and
how many have similar experience to mine. I'm just reporting my
experience in case others encounter the same problem.

Perhaps the person who maintains the debian package reads this list and
might comment?

Keith