[mgp-users 01429] Debian package problem-- fonts

Hi,

After struggling to get magicpoint working properly on two separate
computers, I have come to the conclusion that there is a problem with
the debian package of magicpoint.

In both cases, using the debian package resulted in fonts not working
correctly.

I checked the /etc/fonts.config file repeatedly. I tried tfont and
xfont with no success.

On the first computer, I eventually uninstalled the debian package then
downloaded the source and compiled. It now works perfectly with xfont.

With the second computer, realising what the problem was, we simply
copied the executalbe file from the first computer /usr/bin/X11/mgp to
the same location in the seciond computer and again the fonts work
properly.

I'm posting this in case anybody else is haivng similar problems

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates
4 Mooloobar St