[mgp-users 01388] Re: SXI converter?

> I have just downloaded and installed MagicPoint yesterday. I find it
> really cool and easy to learn. I have several presentations in OOo
> Impress (.sxi) format. Is there an existing converter out there?
> Thanks.

I started a SF.NET project for the purpose, and I have some scripting
that does a quick and hacky conversion that are not yet committed.
Its purpose is to recover the content, _not_ to get it looking good.
If you're interested, I can probably get to it in the near future.

If you want to have it looking good, it is fairly easy to grab the PDF
version of an SXI file and then burst it into a set of screen sized
bitmaps.  Knowing the number of bitmaps, writing a MGP file that simply
steps through the pictures can be done by a subsequent script.
The advantage of this is that MGP can show the slideshow with a lot
less resources than OOo while still retaining the navigation keys.