[mgp-users 01385] Limitations in showing png images ?

Dear All,

Still playing with transparent images, I noticed something
strange using images prepared with Gimp and saved as PNG.
A nice effect can be obtained for example by dropping a
shadow on a transparent graph, eg to highlight text or something.
Now when I save this and display the PNG image within mgp, the
shadow region, which should be a blurred area of varying opacity
is not visible as such. Instead part of it is completely invisible
("transparent") and another part completely black.

My guess is that it has something to do with how mgp handles
transparency, right ? Because other programs displaying PNG images
don't seem to have this problem.

Can this be fixed or is there a workaround ?

Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden

NB: Concerning the previously raised issue with eps file transparency/
    antialiasing I tried Terry Browns' tip on defining xdefaults for
    ghostscript, but it didn't work :(  (no effect on the aa color)

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de