[mgp-users 01322] Re: Two questions

On Thu, 20 May 2004 23:27:48 +0900 (JST)
Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From: Keith Bates <kbates@pastors.com>
> Subject: [mgp-users 01319] Two questions
> Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:28:23 +1000
>
>  > 1. Although I have produced a .mgprc file with the path to true
>  > type font directory (tfdir) , a (presumably) default X-font always
>  > comes up. I ask for arial and get a times-like font. What am I
>  > doing wrong?
>
> I think you need to specify ttf filename exactly. I mean, if you're
> going to use arial truetype font, you should specify %tfont
> "arial.ttf" instead of %tfont "arial".

Aaaah- that's obvious now you mention it. Thank you.

>  > 2. I use magicpoint for projecting songs in church. I have the
>  > individual songs in their own files which I combine to get the
>  > session of songs. The individual files work fine, but when combined
>  > the second and subsequent songs lose the background for the first
>  > page only- defaults to black.

I think the problem was in a separator blank page that i put in between
the songs- but even when I removed the blank pages from the combined
file, the problem remained. I have now worked out that I need to have my
separator page have several empty lines in it to fill the screen, then
the next page is drawn correctly.

> Hmm. strange.. Your script works fine on my environment.
>
> Thanks,

Thank you for your help,

--
God bless you,