[mgp-users 01314] Freetype Problems

I've been building mgp from CVS for some time.  Lately, my builds are
broken, the problem being with freetype2 missing lots of typedefs
needed by tfont.c.  It seems that my distribution (slackware-9.1) has
removed the freetype1 include files.  I tried installing them myself
from source (freetype-1.3.1), but mgp still dies, now because of a
missing typedef's (e.g., FT_Library) in Xft.h, which seems to have
been upgraded to freetype2.

My last succesful build still works, and is using the most recent
libfreetype.so.

David