[mgp-users 01210] Re: Cygwin

Hi,

what would be really cool, is a self-consistent system. What I mean is
you bring your CD with magicpoint/cygwin-dll/Xserver etc (what else is
needed ?) so that it can be started from a Windows box without prior
installation.

Actually this is one main hindrance for me to use magicpoint exclusively
over powerpoint, as meeting organizers more and more ask you to provide
a CD and want you to use their PCs .. usually with Win98/2000/XP.

Any hints in that direction ?
(A bootable system like knoppix is *not* an alternative, as usually the
speaker before/after you will want his powerpoint, and having to reboot
is quite annoying).

Thanks for any tips,
Marc

surmann@gmd.de said:
>> Hi,
>> i have compiled a windows version of MagicPoint is 1.09a with cygwin.
>> It can be found under http://www.ais.fraunhofer.de/~surmann/mgp/ The
>> two files have to be copied to the /usr/bin/ folder of the cygwin
>> installation. The programs needs the cygwin dll and a runing  X
>> server.

  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden@smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de