[mgp-users 01146] Re: changing the size of a tab

> * In message <>
> * On the subject of "[mgp-users 01145] Re: changing the size of a tab"
> * Sent on Mon, 26 May 2003 08:52:47 -0700 (PDT)
> * Honorable Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp> writes:
>
>  > > But I would like to recommend you to use the current snapshot which will be
>  > > 1.10a soon.
>  >
>  > I had to do
>  > # cd /usr/include; ln -s freetype2/freetype freetype
>  > to get through most of the compilation.
>
> You should not do this.

without this, configure fails (freetype.h not found).

> mgp does not support freetype2 directly. These codes are for
> freetype1.

I get the same failure with

ln -s freetype1/freetype freetype

> If you want to use freetype2, you need to install xft2 and
> fontconfig.  But if you're using RH9, I believe they are already
> installed and the configure can detect them automatically.

I have fontconfig-2.1-9, but not xft* (I have no idea what it is and
neither rawhide nor apt-get can find it)

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>