[mgp-users 01142] Re: %xsystem leaves a window

From: Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org>
Subject: [mgp-users 01140] Re: %xsystem leaves a window
Date: 25 May 2003 23:07:49 -0400

 > > %xsystem cannot work well with gnome window manager.
 > > If you use twm, fvwm, windowmaker, I believe it will work.
 >
 > is this an mgp bug or a metacity the bug?
 > if the latter, has it been reported to the metacity maintainers?

The reason for this bug is I don't have enough time to check the behavior
of every window manager.
%xsystem steals applications from the window manager. This is very tricky.
Decent X11 programmers never do this kind of things and window managers
do not consider this kind of trick at all.
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida@csl.sony.co.jp