[mgp-users 01118] mgp and ghostscript-fonts in Debian Woody

Dear readers,
I am using Magicpoint with a Debian Woody installation and have two problems
concerning fonts:

-- I have installed some TrueType-fonts by means of the appropriate
defoma-tools, and they work as expected. However, despite being able to
render the ghostscript fonts (times = Nimbus*, courier = NimbusMono*,
helvetica = NimbusSans*, palatino etc.) with X11 and with the printer, I can
not use them with MagicPoint. Therefore I would like to know what I have to
do to acquaint MagicPoint with the ghostscript-fonts.

-- Other Linux-installations (different distributions) do not use defoma, and
fonts tend to be at various places. How can I get the same fonts on different
Linux-Installations, which might be configured in a different way than my
system - can I embed fonts, or do I have to put everything in one folder and
use relative paths?

Thanks a lot for helpful hints in advance

Tobias Hilbricht